Greetings all! We’ve been touring spaces this week, and definitely found our dream location, as well as another reasonable alternative. More space tours next week.
We’ve also been asked to put on a Demo Scene event at a space hosted by Switzerland. As such, we need to focus an eye on the Demo Scene for a moment. We need a Demo Scene Sherpa. We also have additional volunteer opportunities open as well, which I shall enumerate below.
- Official Demo Scene envoy – Manage relations between the Museum and the demo scene folk. It’s a bit of people management, a bit of curating, a bit of video editing, and a smidge of C64/Spectrum/Apple II setting up.
- Marketing/ community relations manager (social media person) – Help us manage our Twitter and Facebook pages, and act as the voice of those communities in our day to day operations. Also, manage online ads.
- Special events coordinator – Logistics, logistics, logistics. Load-ins, setups, load-outs. Old systems experience a plus, as is having a car or truck.
- Grant writing intern – Fairly self-explanatory. We can always use more grant writers.
- Programs coordinator – Track, scheduling, and logistics for recurring events. Very people intensive.
Email me if you would like to be considered for any of these positions.