Frequently Asked Questions
What are you?
- We’re a museum dedicated to interactive art, specifically the art of video games.
Where are you?
- We are located at 3400 Broadway, Oakland, CA.
How can I help?
- You can volunteer, donate money, or just spread the word by telling people about us. We also need shelving very badly.
How can I volunteer?
- We are arranging all manner of teams right now: curatorial, IT, retail, financial, development, community building, and facilities management. If you feel you can help us out in one of these categories, contact us!
I have cool stuff, how can I get it to you?
- Drop us an email and find a time to bring it by.
I am not in the San Francisco Bay Area, can I still volunteer?
- Yes! We need people to help with the Wiki and to administer servers. We use Google Apps, so we can collaborate anywhere. We would love to have your input, so please feel free to join our mailing list!
What are your long-term goals?
- The MADE aims to become a major institution, and thus has a 15-year plan to construct a world-class facility in downtown San Francisco. This will be a long and arduous journey. It’s almost as if we are a teenaged rapscallion armed with a wooden sword, sent out to save the kidnapped princess from some world-endangering, unspeakable evil. Along the way, we’re sure to meet some memorable characters, and find glorious treasures. We’re in this thing to the final end boss, and we are planning on saving that princess no matter what. That princess being a massive museum near the SF MOMA, with a large trust or endowment to sustain itself.
What if you fail? What will happen to my cool stuff?
- Of course, we’re going with the mindset that failure is not an option. But if that awful day does come, 100% of donated materials and Museum assets will be given to Stanford University, which already houses the largest curated collection of videogames in the world. The only variance in this plan would be the diversion of materials to the Strong Museum of Play, or to the Smithsonian.
What is your EIN #?
- EIN# 26-4570976